Literacy work for 27th March
Have set 2Dos for reading comprehension. There are two chapters of Henry the Elephant. Read the first two chapters and complete the quiz.
Literacy work Thursday 26 March
George's Marvellous Medicine 2do on purple mash
In the event of children staying at home during normal school time I am offering the following advice and guidance to help them to keep working.
Please find below a link to Twinkl website as they are offering free activities for parents to access at home:
Once logged on, you should see a link for home education resources that are year group specific.
In addition to this the following are also suggested:
1. Read for pleasure. This means there is no expectation to write comprehension questions and answers but children may wish to let me know what they are reading. Again, this can be reported on their Purple Mash Blog. We have experienced great fun on World Book Day recently and the children can revisit any activities they enjoyed, be that art work, rewriting extracts as play scripts and acting scenes out, reading using expression etc.
2. For daily maths practice:
Any of the Y3/4 units for maths and English on Purple Mash. At this stage, they are all relevant.
3. Y3/4 spellings - there is a document attached below, it would be great to practise these spellings with your child.
4. As you are aware, the children have been learning all about WWII and it would be great if they could complete some research or a small project to supplement the learning they have been doing in school. They could focus on Rationing, the Blitz, Evacuation or an area that they are interested in. How they present their work is very open and could include: writing, artwork, a blog, a video etc.
5. Artwork - What a great opportunity to get out in the garden and practise those sketching skills.
I shall also set some Purple Mash 2 Dos that can be done at any time up to the end of the Easter holidays - these will be available from tomorrow and will be updated regularly.
If you are unable to access these online activities, please ring or email and I will send some paper copies home.
Welcome to Class 7!
On this page we want to tell and show you all the exciting things we have been doing in class, as well as giving you information to make all our lives easier.
This term Class 7 have two teachers. I will teach Tuesday to Friday and Ms Flint will teach on a Monday and Wednesday morning.
A few reminders:
This Term's Topic
Our topic this term is 'World War II'. We will look at the impact of war on the lives of children and their families. The topic will be the basis for all the children's writing.
Below is a copy of our timetable and a more detailed plan of the PSHE planning to help you have a better understanding of what we are teaching.