Welcome to Class 7!
On this page we want to tell and show you all the exciting things we have been doing in class, as well as giving you information to make all our lives easier.
This term Class 7 have two teachers. I will teach Tuesday to Friday and Ms Flint will teach on a Monday and Wednesday morning.
A few reminders:
- PE is on a Thursday afternoon and this term we will be doing tag rugby. On a Tuesday, second lesson, the Year 4 children will be swimming and the Year 3 children will do Real P.E. .
- RE will be taught on a Thursday afternoon.
- Homework will be set on a Friday, to be handed in by the following Thursday. For the majority of the time we will use activities available on Purple Mash. On Thursday there will be a spelling test and number bonds/tables test. It would therefore be very helpful if you could help you child learn the spelling pattern covered and help them apply it to new words. In addition, could you please encourage your child to read regularly at home. When they have completed their reading book I ask that they write a short book review and then have their reading record signed by an adult. This enables you to monitor how their reading is progressing too.
- Could you please ensure that sweatshirts/cardigans and PE kit are labelled. Each evening I make a sweep of the classroom and cloakrooms and do my utmost to reunite your child with their belongings. It is so much easier if I can find a name in the sweatshirt, as unlike the children I am unable to do it by smell!
- Do remember that if you have any problems or concerns then don't hesitate to contact either myself or Ms Flint in person or by phone.
This Term's Topic
Our topic this term is 'Turrets and Tiaras'. We will look at the Norman period in history and explore life in a castle.
Below is a copy of our timetable and a more detailed plan of the PSHE planning to help you have a better understanding of what we are teaching.