In the event of children staying at home during normal school time I am offering the following advice and guidance to help them to keep working.
Please find below a link to Twinkl website as they are offering free activities for parents to access at home:
Once logged on, you should see a link for home education resources that are year group specific.
1.Read for pleasure-read your own books at home, discuss the vocab, discuss any unknown words, sequence the story, who are the characters, what is the setting?
2. Numberblocks-watch on-line linked to Early Years maths curriculum.
3. Alphablocks-watch on-line linking to letters we have learnt.
4. Purplemash-we will be sending home a log in for you to access activities, if your child is off school we will message your details through to you.
5. Spellings- revise the spellings previously learnt and use the spellings to make sentences.
6. Reading targets in your reading diary-apply them to your reading book or any book at home.
7. Handwriting- handwriting practise, letter formation.
8. Writing-write cards to people who are poorly, shopping lists, thank you cards to nurses/doctors.
If you are unable to access these online activities, please ring or email and I will send some paper copies home.
Welcome to class 1!
Thank you for coming to have a look at our class page. We are very excited about showing you what we will be doing during the year. I will update this page regularly so please keep checking, I will put on photos and information.
We have lots of lovely activities planned for this term! Our topic is "Our favourite books", last term the children told us about the books that they like so we have planned our work around them. We will be doing 'The hungry caterpillar', 'Super worm', 'The bad tempered ladybird' and 'Dear Zoo' to name a few!
Just a few reminders to help everyone's days run more smoothly.....
Thank you very much.
Mrs Jones and class 1.