A few YouTube videos to help with maths...
Counting in 10's...
Jack Hartmann is great for fun maths songs!
Counting in 2's...
Number bonds to 10...
In the event of children staying at home during normal school time I am offering the following advice and guidance to help them to keep working.
Please find below a link to Twinkl website as they are offering free activities for parents to access at home:
Once logged on, you should see a link for home education resources that are year group specific.
In addition to this the following we are also suggested:
1.Read for pleasure-read your own books at home, discuss the vocab, discuss any unknown words, sequence the story, who are the characters, what is the setting?
2. Numberblocks-watch on-line linked to Early Years maths curriculum.
3. Alphablocks-watch on-line linking to letters we have learnt.
4. Purplemash-we will be sending home a log in for you to access activities, if your child is off school we will message your details through to you.
5. Spellings- revise the spellings previously learnt and use the spellings to make sentences.
6. Reading targets in your reading diary-apply them to your reading book or any book at home.
7. Handwriting- handwriting practise, letter formation.
8. Writing-write cards to people who are poorly, shopping lists, thank you cards to nurses/doctors.
9. Phonics Play - We are currently on Phase 3.
https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ Login: march20 Password: home
If you are unable to access these online activities, please ring or email and I will send some paper copies home.
Welcome to Class 2!
We are here at the first day of term, ready to start the year and I can’t wait!!
I'm Miss Copley and Mrs Moulds is our lovely TA, we are both SO excited to make this year one to remember!
Please keep an eye out for this page to be updated with photos and activities that we have been doing in class.
I know that your child starting reception may be a scary aspect, but we want you and your child to feel safe, secure and very welcome in this new environment. So please ask me any question (no matter how small you think the question may be) and I will try and give you as much information as possible!
This term, we have created our foundation stage curriculum around some of your children’s favourite books! We can’t wait to get started with ‘The Hungry Caterpillar’, ‘The Bad-Tempered Ladybird’, ‘Super Worm’ and ‘Dear Zoo’.
Now finally, here are a few pointers for things to run as smoothly as possible:
If there is anything you would like to talk to me about or ask me, please come and have a chat with me! I am only a phone call away!
Miss Copley,Mrs Moulds and Class 2