Welcome to Class 2!
We are here at the first day of term, ready to start the year and I can’t wait!!
I'm Miss Copley and Mrs Moulds is our lovely TA, we are both SO excited to make this year one to remember!
Please keep an eye out for this page to be updated with photos and activities that we have been doing in class.
I know that your child starting reception may be a scary aspect, but we want you and your child to feel safe, secure and very welcome in this new environment. So please ask me any question (no matter how small you think the question may be) and I will try and give you as much information as possible!
This term, we have created our foundation stage curriculum around some of your children’s favourite books! We can’t wait to get started with ‘The Hungry Caterpillar’, ‘The Bad-Tempered Ladybird’, ‘Super Worm’ and ‘Dear Zoo’.
Now finally, here are a few pointers for things to run as smoothly as possible:
- Read, read and read! We love to encourage reading for a purpose and making reading enjoyable! Read signs, read labels, anything! If you have read one of your child’s reading books or they’ve read a bed time story, please fill in the reading records, I’d love to read your comments! (Look at the objective in the front of the reading record as a reminder of what we are asking for).
- We have PE on a Tuesday and Friday! So please make sure your child has their PE kit ready for those days, we keep all PE kits at school until the half term. Also, please try and wear trousers and socks on PE days, as tights are very tricky to change in and out of!!
- LABELS! Please label everything that belongs to your child.
- Please bring a water bottle to school as we refill and drink these throughout the day, but do not put drinks in reading folders! As it may leak and all paper will be ruined!
- Please also know that if I have any worries or concerns regarding your child, please be reassured that I will contact you straight away!
- Finally, when dropping your child of at the gate, as hard as it might be, please leave as quickly as possible, the tears do stop quicker once parents leave! I will ring you/send a message to let you know that they are okay ASAP.
If there is anything you would like to talk to me about or ask me, please come and have a chat with me! I am only a phone call away!
Miss Copley,Mrs Moulds and Class 2