Welcome to Class 6!
On this page we want to tell and show you all the exciting things we have been doing in class, as well as giving you information to make all our lives easier.
This year Class 6 have two teachers. Ms Crowson will teach Tuesday to Friday and Ms Flint will teach on Monday and Wednesday morning.
A few reminders:
- P.E. is on a Thursday day afternoon and this term we are doing tag rugby. Children should therefore come to school in their school P.E. kit on a Thursday.
- R.E. will be taught on a Monday afternoon.
- Homework will be set on a Friday, to be handed in the following Thursday. We will set activities on Purple Mash as well as work sheets. On Thursday there will be a spelling test and it would there be useful if you could help your child learn the spelling pattern covered and help them to apply it to new words. On Thursday there will also be a tables/number bonds test. On Friday the children will bring home their latest CLIC test. If you could help them to look again at any questions they have struggled with, that would be great. In addition, could you please encourage your child to read regularly at home. When they have finished their reading book would you please sign their reading record. This enables you to monitor how their reading is progressing too.
- Could you please ensure that sweatshirts/cardigans are labelled. Each evening we make a sweep of the classroom and cloakroom and do our utmost to reunite children with their belongings. It is so much easier if I can find a name in the sweatshirt, as unlike the children we are unable to do it by smell!
- Do remember that if you have any problems or concerns then don't hesitate to contact either of us in person or by phone.
Ms Crowson and Ms Flint.
This Terms Topic
Our topic this term is 'Rotten Romans'. We will look at the impact of the Roman Empire, the legacy they left behind, including Roman roads and Hadrian's Wall and some of the key characters such as Julius Caesar and Boudicca. In D.T. we will be be designing and creating mosaics. The topic will be the basis for all the children's writing.