Welcome to Class 7!
On this page we want to tell and show you all the exciting things we have been doing in class, as well as giving you information to make all our lives easier.
A few reminders:
- PE is first lesson on a Monday. For the first half term this will be Real P.E. with a coach. The second PE lesson is on a Friday and this term it will be athletics .
- RE will be taught by Mrs Elms on a Thursday morning.
- Homework will be set on a Friday, to be handed in the following Thursday. On that day there will be the spelling test and number bonds/tables test. Usually the children will be given 16 spellings to learn but will be tested on 18, the additional two words will follow the spelling pattern covered that week. It would therefore be very helpful if you could help you child learn the pattern and help them apply it to new words. In addition could you please encourage your child to read regularly at home. When they have completed their reading book I ask that they write a short book review and then have their reading record signed by an adult. This enables you to monitor how their reading is progressing too.
- Could you please ensure that sweatshirts/cardigans and PE kit are labelled. Each evening I make a sweep of the classroom and cloakrooms and do my utmost to reunite your child with their belongings. It is so much easier if I can find a name in the sweatshirt, as unlike the children I am unable to do it by smell!
- Do remember that if you have any problems or concerns then don't hesitate to contact me either in person or by phone.
This Term's Topic
This term our topic is River Deep, Mountain High and it has a geography focus. We will be using atlases to locate key rivers and mountains, we will be learning about how rivers are forms and about the wildlife within them. We will also be comparing the environment on a mountain with that down below. In art we will be looking at landscapes and studying the work of famous artists and in music we will be listens to tunes with a watery theme! The year 5s of course will be preparing for the end of term performance. We have a lot to look forward to.
Below is a copy of our timetable, an overview of the curriculum and a more detailed plan of the PSHE planning to help you have a better understanding of what we are teaching.