Welcome to Class 7!
On this page we want to tell and show you all the exciting things we have been doing in class, as well as giving you information to make all our lives easier.
This term Class 7 have two teachers. I will teach Tuesday to Friday and Ms Flint will teach on a Monday.
A few reminders:
- PE is on a Thursday afternoon and this term we will be doing athletics and football. On a Tuesday, second lesson, the Year 3 children will be swimming and the Year 4 children do Real P.E. .
- RE will be taught by Ms Woodrow on a Wednesday morning.
- Homework will be set on a Friday, to be handed in the following Thursday. On that day there will be the spelling test and number bonds/tables test. Usually the Year 4 children will be given 16 spellings to learn but will be tested on 18, the additional two words will follow the spelling pattern covered that week. Year 3 children will have 12 spellings and be tested on 14. It would therefore be very helpful if you could help you child learn the pattern and help them apply it to new words. In addition, could you please encourage your child to read regularly at home. When they have completed their reading book I ask that they write a short book review and then have their reading record signed by an adult. This enables you to monitor how their reading is progressing too.
- Could you please ensure that sweatshirts/cardigans and PE kit are labelled. Each evening I make a sweep of the classroom and cloakrooms and do my utmost to reunite your child with their belongings. It is so much easier if I can find a name in the sweatshirt, as unlike the children I am unable to do it by smell!
- Do remember that if you have any problems or concerns then don't hesitate to contact either myself or Ms Flint in person or by phone.
This Term's Topic
Our topic this term is 'Made in Britain'. We will look at the key geographical features of the British Isles, famous people from our history, including the Royal Family and art and literacy from our culture.
Below is a copy of our timetable, an overview of the term and a more detailed plan of the PSHE planning to help you have a better understanding of what we are teaching.