Welcome to Class 7!
On this page we want to tell and show you all the exciting things we have been doing in class, as well as giving you information to make all our lives easier.
This term Class 7 have two teachers. I will teach Monday to Thursday and Ms Flint will teach on a Friday.
A few reminders:
- PE is first lesson on a Wednesday and for the first half term will be tag rugby with a coach. The second lesson will be Thursday afternoon and for the first half term will be with a coach doing Real P.E..
- RE will be taught by Ms Woodrow on a Wednesday morning.
- Homework will be set on a Friday, to be handed in the following Thursday. On that day there will be the spelling test and number bonds/tables test. Usually the children will be given 16 spellings to learn but will be tested on 18, the additional two words will follow the spelling pattern covered that week. It would therefore be very helpful if you could help you child learn the pattern and help them apply it to new words. In addition could you please encourage your child to read regularly at home. When they have completed their reading book I ask that they write a short book review and then have their reading record signed by an adult. This enables you to monitor how their reading is progressing too.
- Could you please ensure that sweatshirts/cardigans and PE kit are labelled. Each evening I make a sweep of the classroom and cloakrooms and do my utmost to reunite your child with their belongings. It is so much easier if I can find a name in the sweatshirt, as unlike the children I am unable to do it by smell!
- Do remember that if you have any problems or concerns then don't hesitate to contact either myself or Ms Flint in person or by phone.
This Term's Topic
This term our topic is 'Chocolate' ! We will look at the history of chocolate, right back to the Mayans, in geography we will consider how and where cocoa beans are grown and in D.T. we will look at packaging and branding. In English we will be reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I think we are going to have an exciting term!
Below is a copy of our timetable and a more detailed plan of the PSHE planning to help you have a better understanding of what we are teaching.
Well done to those incredible children, who represented school so splendidly on Thursday 28th at Woodnook. It was really nice to see you enjoying yourselves, learning new skills and making friends from other schools. I wonder how many more times you will put yourself forward to play for school again.
Thank you very much to all parents for helping with the transport and supporting the team. It is really appreciated.