Please can you make sure that your child packs:
- A sleeping bag and pillow;
- Night wear (the dorms are really warm, so please avoid 'onesies' if you can)
- Indoor shoes;
- Wash kit including more than one towel;
- Outdoor wear such as hat, gloves and scarf etc. More than one pair of gloves may be a bonus if its very wet);
- Warm and waterproof coat;
- Wellies if you have them - if not, stout waterproof footwear;
- Trainers for climbing and evening sports activities;
- jogging bottoms;
- outdoor trousers that are NOT denim as they hold the water and are very difficult to get dry;
Layers - jumpers, tops and vests that can be removed or added if children get too hot or cold;
- make sure that there are a couple of plastic bags in your child's suitcase to keep wet clothes away from dry ones;
- plenty of dry socks;
Children will have to wheel or carry their own cases from the coach.
PLEASE! Children do not need any electronic devices such as games, phones or tablets. This includes digital cameras. We will be taking loads of pictures as usual and will be Tweeting live. Any devices found on children will be kept safe by staff until we return to school on Thursday afternoon.
If there are any emergencies or parents need to be contacted then staff will do this via the school mobile phone.
Our two day residential trip for Y4/5 will be to Beaumanor Hall in Leicestershire.
The dates will be:
Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th February, all in usual school hours.
The staff going will be:
More information will be added on this page as details are firmed up.
Many thanks to all of you who attended our parents' meeting - letters will go out this week to register interest.