Hello Class 9
You asked me several questions about myself and things I like.
1. My favourite author as a child was Enid Blyton and especially her books about The Famous Five. The books followed the adventures of 4 children and their dog during their school holidays, mostly involving criminals or lost treasure. The first was called The Five on Treasure Island. They were (I think) the biggest selling children's stories ever written.
2. My age is 74. I am the oldest governor.
3. I do not have a current favourite TV show. I enjoy the comedy and the series I have enjoyed most of all is Blackadder, starring Rowan Atkinson. I think there were 4 series altogether the last (and the best) being set during the First World War.
4. The soccer team I support is Nottingham Forest but now I do not follow them closely. I used to go to all their home matches as a child. However, I played rugby at school and have a season ticket for Leicester Tigers. Unfortunately I watched them lose to Exeter Chiefs last Friday.
5. My favourite ice cream is salted caramel, although it depends which company made it because some are better quality than others.
6. My favourite book turned into a film. That's difficult because I do not go to the cinema often. I loved the books by Bernard Cornwell about a soldier adventurer called Richard Sharpe set in the time of Wellington's battles against Napoleon Bonaparte. In the TV series Sharpe was brilliantly played by the actor Sean Bean.
7. Did I have pancakes on Shrove Tuesday? Unfortunately not but I do like them, especially with lemon juice and sugar.